Monday, December 20, 2010

Pose Revelation

I have a confession to make. Oh, settle down, darling... it's not that kind of confession.


When I first started SL I didn't understand poses. They seemed to be strictly for the fashionistas of the grid who took amazing pictures of amazing fashions dressed on amazing bodies. As a less than usual avatar, I wondered: how exactly do these glancing-over-my-shoulder-at-you-in-a-come-hither-way poses enhance my (or your) second life existence?


Then, one day I was farting around with some poses I received as a gift from someone and found myself giggling at the story I was building in my head around what the poses were showing. Suddenly, it dawned on me: what if these poses aren't used just to show off clothes, but are used as screen captures of events already in progress?


Add a prop and a facial expression, and a pose can illustrate something wonderful...


...or something frightful!


The pose creator's work combined with a little bit of your own imagination can help tell amazing stories:

Rummaging around in my hair....

... I find the most unusual things!
In SL, anything can happen - you are only bound by the limits of your imagination and ingenuity (which, of course, can be limitless for those brave enough to allow it). I'm glad I discovered how much fun poses can be, and now am building an arsenal of all sorts of poses and animations to help me illustrate my second life!


These poses are from Miamai's "I was only dreaming' set from Mavi Beck!


Sadly, the 'charity' behind the benefit this post was supporting, the Superhero Epilepsy Combat Syndicate, is a sham. The leader, Epileptic Dreddmor, raised an estimated $500 on behalf of the Epilepsy Foundation from benefits and direct donations over the course of several months. Unfortunately, no money ever made it to the Epilepsy Foundation. When pressed, she admitted this and later it was discovered all the money was gone and she had used it for her own interests.

Many generous people donated their time, items, and money in an attempt to help the Epilepsy Foundation. One person's selfish actions do not diminish the good intentions of those she took advantage of, and I applaud every one of the creators and kind people who tried to support what they believed was a worthy cause.

As for me, I learned a great lesson: never put efforts into something that isn't 100% transparent and honest. If something smells fishy, it is fishy.

I apologize for my association with the S.E.C.S. and urge everyone to be wary of the level of support they show this group and it's leader. 

(To keep my already long story posts from being painfully longer, credit details are in the comment section below, or you can find credits to specific pictures on my Flickr Page! A directory of SLurls can be found here!)

3 comments:

  1. Wearing:

    Dress: Mimikri - Nanette wine
    Hair: Bliss - Queen, Vanille
    Glasses: Wrigglesworth - Cat Eye Glasses
    Gloves: Icing - Camera Girl Opera Gloves
    Rings: Paper Couture - Diamonds and Pearl Ring, Leather Blossom Ring
    Earrings: Paper Couture - Diamond Pearl Menagerie Earrings
    Shoes: Paper Couture - Platform Pump, black
    Stockings: The Rural Route - Varicose Veins with Support Pantyhose
    Lunchbox: Fin
    Cow: Altya's Dream

    Poses: Miamai - I was only dreaming, from the Props and Poses Fair

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so in love with this post! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw thank you, darling! I love your poses!

    ReplyDelete