Monday, December 27, 2010

Not Just Another Pretty Face

The world is full of nastiness, cruelty, and polyester.

Reeking of its filth, the world desires beauty and yearns for justice.

I am a mere public servant: I fill both needs. Seeking out injustice in every quaint corner of this city - I will root evil out!


Even the most innocent seeming person can be a tsunami of criminal intent just waiting to swell and wipe us all out! Take this fellow for example....


Give him enough coffee, and with no operational bathroom in the vicinity, it is just a matter of time before his demons spring forth and mayhem ensues!


That, gentle person, is when I strike! I pounce, my golden lasso in my hand, and I take out the proverbial trash!


I am who the world needs me to be.


I am Wonder Woman!



Sadly, the 'charity' behind the benefit this post was supporting, the Superhero Epilepsy Combat Syndicate, is a sham. The leader, Epileptic Dreddmor, raised an estimated $500 on behalf of the Epilepsy Foundation from benefits and direct donations over the course of several months. Unfortunately, no money ever made it to the Epilepsy Foundation. When pressed, she admitted this and later it was discovered all the money was gone and she had used it for her own interests.

Many generous people donated their time, items, and money in an attempt to help the Epilepsy Foundation. One person's selfish actions do not diminish the good intentions of those she took advantage of, and I applaud every one of the creators and kind people who tried to support what they believed was a worthy cause.

As for me, I learned a great lesson: never put efforts into something that isn't 100% transparent and honest. If something smells fishy, it is fishy.

I apologize for my association with the S.E.C.S. and urge everyone to be wary of the level of support they show this group and it's leader.

(To keep my already long story posts from being painfully longer, credit details are in the comment section below, or you can find credits to specific pictures on my Flickr Page! A directory of SLurls can be found here!)

1 comment:

  1. Credits:

    Hair: Ingenue - Jitterbug Doll, silvery white
    Glasses: Wrigglesworth - 50s Granny Glasses
    Costume: A&k Wonder Woman Costume
    Rings: Paper Couture - Leather Blossom, Diamonds and Pearl
    Stockings: The Rural Route - Varicose Veins with Support Hose
    Shoes: Vignette - Babydoll Boot - Red

    Last "Invisible Jet" picture uses Funny F*ckers - Invisible Car

    Poses (all but last): Gallus for Props and Pose Fair - Little Dragon (inspired by Yukimi Nagano, the singer from Little Dragon) and WTF?! (inspired by WWE wrestlers' signature poses).

    Location: Soap - Missing Mile

    ReplyDelete